Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Summer's gone

Been quiet for a while...hope your summer was enjoyable.

I personally experienced the loss of my best friend Chotchke over the Labor Day weekend. Most of you knew her as the "Queen" of the run. She lived a good long life and was about 15-1/2 to 16 yrs. old (don't know for sure...adopted her when she was about 2). It was tough at the end and life will be very different without her. I don't plan on getting another dog while living in the city. Since I will not be visiting the run on a daily basis, I feel that my duties as President of the run should be passed on to someone else who will have involvement and awareness of what is going on and what needs to be done. I will be available for advisement and help as the need arises, but my hands on will be greatly diminished. I will continue to visit the run since many of you have become good friends over the years and at the same time, I can enjoy dogs at play.

If any of you would like to take on the responsibility of President, I would like to talk to you. Please write me at trpdogrun@yahoo.com as soon as possible.

Thanks to everyone for your support.

Norm

No comments:

Post a Comment